Figure Wishlist - Nendoroid Tanya Degurechaff

Tanya, the ideal, hardworking, responsible soldier. Or is she?
Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of Figure Wishlist! Today, we will be taking a look at a figure which has unexpectedly made its way into my wish list, Nendoroid Tanya Degurechaff. Unexpected, I say, because this figure has been on my wish list ever since Good Smile Company revealing it despite me having little to no knowledge of the series. That is right, prior to the reveal, I had not read or watched Youjo Senki (Saga of Tanya the Evil) yet. 

Armed with her trusty Mondragon rifle.
While I knew a thing or two about the series, namely its setting (World War 1-2), I knew very little about the general plot and premise of the entire series. What drew me initially towards the series was the art-style depicted on the light novels and the representation of Tanya as the protagonist. Coupled together with the war-time setting, there was just something about Youjo Senki which really appealed to me. Discovering that there would be an anime adaptation merely spurred my interest on further and when I found out about the Nendoroid, I immediately had to complete the first season of the anime

Those crazy eyes, so perfect.
Prior to my completion of the series, a fellow Tiro Finale write, takuya, mentioned how Tanya's Nendoroid looked exactly like her depiction in the anime. Having now completed the series, I am inclined to agree wholeheartedly. Aside from the massively enlarged head - which does suit Tanya's ego very well, a metaphor perhaps? -, Tanya looks exactly identical to her anime depiction largely in part due to her childlike proportions. Of course, my reference point lies in the anime-version as the light novel and manga version have some slight variations despite all of them paying fairly accurate homage to the light novel original. Otherwise, everything from her uniform and badges of honor to her facial expression and hair have been faithfully reproduced down to her emotive ahoge (idiot hair).

Optional accessories include, a cup of coffee. Murderous intent and evil plotting not included.
Figure-wise, Nendoroid Tanya is slated for a February 2018 release with a retail price of 4,444 Yen (before tax). With quite a while before release, one still has plenty of time to decide whether or not they would like to add the certifiably-insane Tanya to their collection. With only three faceplates, a rifle, cup of coffee and removable hat, Tanya does cost a little more than expected and that is, in part, due to the dreaded figure price-rise. Nendoroid figures too are no exception.

More crazy eyes can only be a good thing. A very good thing.
Then we arrive to the other reason Tanya costs more than usual, which also happens to be a major selling point in my opinion, Nendoroid Tanya Degurechaff will be made at Good Smile Company's "Lucky Factory" in Tottori, Japan. That is right, this will be a "Made in Japan" figure! Till today, a small volume of figures are made in GSC's Lucky Factory with seemingly random character selection. Up until now, there has never been a figure manufactured from the Lucky Factory that has been of particular interest to me. Now, well, now there is.

In order to further entice collectors to purchase from Good Smile's Online Shop, a pre-order bonus has been included in the form of a Golden Operation Orb Part. This is basically Tanya's Type-95 Jewel in "God Mode" as she summons high powered miracles and magical spells by praying. What it is, is the existing Type-95 Jewel painted gold and given out as a pre-order exclusive, which does come across as being rather lazy. If GSC has included Tanya's SIG MKMS submachinegun as a pre-order bonus, I would have pre-ordered from them in a heartbeat.

Instead, I am now likely going to pre-order my Nendoroid Tanya Degurechaff from AmiAmi who is offering her with a 19% discount. Honestly cannot see how I can argue with that especially since the discounts cut off almost 1,000 Yen from Tanya's retail price. But with a release date of February 2018, I will have to wait quite a while before Tanya is added to the collection. I wonder if the new season would have been announced by then?

She will stare into your soul!
Will that be all from Youjo Senki then? Nope! In fact, you can now expect Youjo Senki to be added as part of Tiro Finale's growing list of content covered as I now begin my hunt for the recently released Mega Jumbo Nesoberi Tanya. Yes, they made a Nesoberi of her. Yes, it will be the huge 41cm long Mega Jumbo Nesoberi. And yes, it promises to be amazing. 

With that, I will leave you with the little teaser of things to come in the future for the Youjo Senki series. Now, all we need is a premium scale or two. Plus, a figure of Viktoriya as well. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts